Certified Nursing Assistant
Antelope Valley Adult Education is partnering with LA Skills Academy to offer C.N.A. classes. Please visit www.LAskillsacademy.com
If you are in need of financial support, LA Skills Academy offers scholarships to eligible participants. Please visit https://www.
- CNAs reported an average wage of $14.82 per hour in 2020, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Most certified nursing assistants earn between $26,650 to $36,990 per year. Compared to other nursing careers, wages do not vary greatly by type of employer.
- The top-paying sector for nursing assistants in 2020 was education, including colleges and professional schools. CNAs at these locations are most likely teaching students interested in becoming nursing assistants and reported an annual mean wage of over $44,000, which is about $22 an hour.
Above information is obtained from www.bls.gov.
ACQUIRED SKILLS INCLUDE:
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
THIS COURSE PREPARES YOU FOR:
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Provide or assist with basic care or support under the direction of onsite licensed nursing staff. Perform duties such as monitoring of health status, feeding, bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, or ambulation of patients in a health or nursing facility. May include medication administration and other health-related tasks. Includes nursing care attendants, nursing aides, and nursing attendants.
- Adjust positions of patients on beds or tables.
- Feed patients.
- Hold patients to ensure proper positioning or safety.
- Record vital statistics or other health information.
- Monitor patients to detect health problems.
- Assist patients with daily activities.
- Home Health Aides
- Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational
- Registered Nurses
- Psychiatric Aides
- Acute Care Nurses
- Oral Comprehension - Listening and understanding what people say.
- Problem Sensitivity - Noticing when problems happen.
- Near Vision - Seeing details up close.
- Oral Expression - Communicating by speaking.
- Speech Recognition - Recognizing spoken words.
ANTELOPE VALLEY ADULT EDUCATION OFFERS:
- Courses approved by the California Department of Education.
- Teachers are credentialed by the California Commission on Teacher Credentials.
- Courses are geared for adults.
- Convenient hours and flexible schedule.
- Program provides all the necessary information to pass the National Phlebotomy Certification Exam.
- Externship sites are available and recommended.
- GED/HS Diploma is required for state and national certification.
Lancaster, CA 93534