Students will be introduced to oral health and nutrition, dental charting, general anatomy and physiology, disease of the mouth, teeth functions, infection control, patient care and communication, orthodontics, periodontics, lab materials and techniques, x-ray history and precautions, safety, ethics, and office management.
ACQUIRED SKILLS INCLUDE:
- Career Readiness
- Oral health and nutrition
- Dental Charting
- General anatomy and physiology
- Diseases of the mouth
- Types of teeth and their functions
- Surfaces, structures and descriptions teeth
- Tooth placement and eruption schedule
- Infection Control
- Patient care and communication
- Chairside Assisting
- Chairside instruments and tray systems
- Orthodontics, periodontics(Gum)
- Lab materials and techniques
- X-Ray placement and X-Ray development in preparation to take separate X-Ray licensing class
THIS COURSE PREPARES YOU FOR:
- National Entry Level Dental Assistant (NELDA)
Dental Occupational Options
- Registered Dental Assistant
- Registered Dental Hygienist (Requires continuing education)
- Coronal Polishing
- X-ray certification
- California Law
- Infection Control
Uniform required: (Grey color)
What is it?
Dentistry, while primarily focused on oral care and dental health maintenance, has several career options. Individuals in this industry work within a team to support oral care and dental health.
What will i do?
The demand for certified and licensed dental assistants exists with excellent placement, salary and benefits. As a dental assistant, you will participate in a variety of tasks that include chairside assisting, patient education, polishing teeth, taking radiographs, making study models, and preparing business forms. The Dental Assistant program is designed for career opportunities as a dental assistant in private dental offices, HMO clinics, public health institutions, dental supply and insurance companies, military dental services, and dental school clinics.
LEADS TO THESE JOBS: IS THIS FOR ME?
- Dental Assistant Empathy
- Dental Hygienist Communication
- Dental Lab Technician Reliability
- Orthodontist Flexible
- Periodontist Physical Strength
44900 Division Street Lancaster, CA 93535