CALRegional, in partnership with Antelope Valley Adult Education, provides busy adults with fast and
affordable healthcare training programs. Learn more about CALRegional’s healthcare training programs
when you register for an online info session here or call CALRegional at (800) 927-5159 for more
ACQUIRED SKILLS INCLUDE:
- Active Listening
- Critical Thinking
- Operations Monitoring
- Operation and Control
- Social Perceptiveness
- Reading Comprehension
THIS COURSE PREPARES YOU FOR:
- EKG Technician Certification (ETC)
What is it?
An EKG technician, or electrocardiograph technician, is responsible for operating and monitoring EKG equipment for patients during diagnostic testing and surgical procedures. EKG technicians can find immediate employment in medical and surgical hospitals, specialty long-term care facilities, private practices, and more healthcare settings.
EKG technicians are in high demand. According to the Occupational Outlook Handbook, the expected growth for EKG technicians is anticipated to increase by 10% from 2021-2023. California EKG technicians have an average salary of $61,000.
What will i do?
- Proper use of an EKG machine, including how to prepare patients for cardiovascular testing.
- In-depth understanding of electrocardiography and medical terminology.
- How to analyze and calculate heart rates from an EKG rhythm strip.
- Detailed anatomy and physiology of the heart.
LEADS TO THESE JOBS:
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists
- Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technicians
- Neurodiagnostic Technologists
- Nuclear Medicine Technologists
- Ophthalmic Medical Technologists
- Radiation Therapists
- Radiologic Technologists and Technicians
Is this for me?
- Concern for Others
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
clinical medical assistant Training Includes:
Held 100% online, our EKG Technician Program is designed to help students master the skills necessary to assist physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of various cardiovascular problems. Become certified as an EKG technician in just 3.5 weeks for $1,995 or less. Easy payment plans are available. Previous experience in the medical field is recommended for this course.
The EKG course is held online and consists of 50% live, instructor-led learning and 50% self-paced assignments. Students use Schoology to attend classes online, complete assignments, and communicate with their instructors and peers.
Upon graduation, students will be prepared to take and pass the national exam for EKG Technician Certification (ETC) through the American Medical Certification Association (AMCA). CALRegional students have a 90% national exam passing rate, over 26% more than our competitors.
Connect with calregional:
Lancaster, CA 93534