- Medical Terminology
- Administrative Skills
- Clinical Skills
- Certification Review
WHAT WILL I DO?
A medical assistant monitors patient care and takes patient vital signs, including taking blood pressure as well as blood and urine samples. You will change wound dressings, remove stitches, and perform basic exams. Administratively you will greet and admit patients, give them instructions, and input vital health data into computer systems.
LEADS TO THESE JOBS:
- EKG Technician
- Health Unit Clerk
- Medical Billing Coder
- Medical Claims Examiner
- Medical Office Assistant
- Nurse Assistant
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Surgical Technician
Antelope Valley Career Center Offers:
- State-funded programs that are very affordable
- Teachers are credentialed by the California Commission on teacher credentials
- Approved courses by the California Department of Education
- Courses are geared for adults
- Convenient Hours and Flexible Schedule
- State of the Art computer labs and software
- Based on availability and readiness, Externships are provided
- Upon completion of these classes and application to CCBMA, students are eligible to take the California Medical Assistants Certification Exam to become certified.
Medical Terminology & Anatomy
Introduction to medical terminology using words, prefixes, suffixes, combining forms, abbreviations and pronunciation. Anatomy includes body systems and structures. Recommended for all medical classes
M W TH 5:00—8:00 pm • 01/20/21 - 05/27/21
W 5:30—8:30 pm • 01/27/21 - 05/26/21
Medical Assistant - Administrative Skills
Communication skills, appointment scheduling, billing, accounts receivables, records, medical laws/ethics, bank- ing, financial management, office skills and receptionist duties.
Medical Assistant - Clinical Skills-CPR
Instruction and hands-on practice to acquire skills to assist physicians. Includes vital signs, surgical procedures, medical office lab skills, administering medications, veni-puncture, EKG, emergency procedures and nutrition. Externship opportunities available
Medical Assistant Certification Review
Review of terminology, anatomy, administrative and clinical skills to prepare students for the Medical Assistant Certification Exam
Medical Assistant Certification Exam:
The computer based state certification exam is proctored through Pearson- Vue Testing Centers. Eligible students must have recent work experience or recent formal training in an approved MA program.
Lancaster, CA 93534