Medical Billing & Coding
CALRegional, in partnership with Antelope Valley Adult Education, provides busy adults with fast and
affordable healthcare training programs. Learn more about CALRegional’s healthcare training programs
when you register for an online info session here or call CALRegional at (800) 927-5159 for more
- There are currently over 3,500 jobs available for medical billing & coding specialists in California.
- California medical billing & coding specialists have an average salary of $42,000.
- This career offers many opportunities to work from home and can serve as a stepping stone to other medical careers.
ACQUIRED SKILLS INCLUDE:
- Review medical records and translate patients' diagnoses into medical codes, including ICD, CPT, and HCPCS.
- Determine care services and manage the health insurance claim process.
- Understand basic anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology.
- Audit medical billing for compliance and fraud prevention.
THIS COURSE PREPARES YOU FOR:
- Medical Coder & Biller Certification (MCBC)
Held 100% online, the Medical Billing & Coding Specialist Program is designed to help students master the skills necessary to manage health information. Become certified as a medical billing and coding specialist in as little as 11 weeks for $1,995 or less.
Easy payment plans are available. Everyone qualifies. Convenient day and evening classes are available. Must be 18 years or older and have your GED, diploma, or equivalent. No previous medical experience is required.
- Scheduling appointments for patients.
- Checking patients’ records to be sure the data within is complete, accurate, and up to date.
- Managing data for clinical databases and registries.
- Keeping track of patient outcomes for quality assessment.
- Assigning clinical codes for reimbursement and data analysis with the help of classification software.
- Electronically documenting data for collection, storage, analysis, retrieval, and reporting.
- Upholding the confidentiality of patients’ records.
- Medical Claims Processor
- Medical Secretary
- Registered Nurse
- Medical Coding Manager
- Medical Coding Auditor
- Medical & Health Services Manager
- Critical thinking
- Organizational skills
Lancaster, CA 93534