- The need for Pharmacy Technicians is expected to increase by 32% from 2006 to 2016, which is much faster than the average for all occupations.
- Median hourly earnings for a Pharmacy Technician in California is $17.29.
- About 71% of Pharmacy Technicians work in retail pharmacies.
Pharmacy Technician (Prerequisite Required)
This is a full-year, two-semester program, August through May. Introduction to Pharmacy procedures, operations, drugs, medications, dosage forms & strengths, inventory control, and assisting the Pharmacist. Includes externship opportunities. GED or High School Diploma, and adequate math skills.
January 2020—May 2020
Medical Terminology & Anatomy
Introduction to medical terminology using words, prefixes, suffixes, combining forms, abbreviations and pronunciation. Anatomy includes body systems and structures. Recommended for all medical classes
MWTH 2:00—5:00 pm • 8/12/19—12/19/19
MWTH 5:00—8:00 pm • 8/12/19—12/19/19
Fee: $150 + book
Lancaster, CA 93534
(Student will be placed on the Antelope Valley Adult Education’s interest list once class is full or in session. Students are contacted in July for an informational meeting and sign-ups.)
Antelope Valley Adult Education offers:
- Courses approved by the California Department of Education.
- Teachers are credentialed by the California Commission on Teacher Credentials.
- Program meets the requirements for California State Certification.
- Courses are geared for adults.
- Convenient hours and flexible schedule.
- Program provides all the necessary information to pass the National Pharmacy Certification Board Exam.
- Externship sites are available and recommended.
- GED/HS Diploma is required for state and national certification.