CALRegional, in partnership with Antelope Valley Adult Education, provides busy adults with fast and
affordable healthcare training programs. Learn more about CALRegional’s healthcare training programs
when you register for an online info session here or call CALRegional at (800) 927-5159 for more
- There are currently over 5,000 jobs available for pharmacy technicians in California.
- California pharmacy technicians have an average salary of $38,000 - $48,000.
- As the field expands, unique opportunities arise for work in closed-door infusion pharmacies, nuclear pharmacies, and IT.
Above information is obtained from www.bls.gov.
ACQUIRED SKILLS INCLUDE:
- Hands-on skills like compounding and administering IVs using the aseptic technique.
- Receive, identify, and fill prescriptions with prepared labels.
- Understand drug classifications and interactions.
- Establishing and maintaining patient records.
- Managing billing, insurance, and inventory.
- Dosage calculations and medical math.
THIS COURSE PREPARES YOU FOR:
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
The Pharmacy Technician Program covers all aspects of pharmacy: retail, hospital, closed door, and sterile compounding. Become certified as an entry-level pharmacy technician in as little as 9 weeks for $2,995 or less.
Easy payment plans are available. Everyone qualifies. Convenient day and evening classes are available. Must be 18 years or older and have your GED, diploma, or equivalent. No previous medical experience is required.
- Collecting information to fill prescriptions from customers or health professionals
- Measuring amounts of medication for prescriptions
- Sterile and non-sterile drug compounding
- Packaging and labeling prescriptions
- Organizing inventory and alerting pharmacists to shortages of medications or supplies
- Accepting payment for prescriptions and process insurance claims
- Recording customer or patient prescription information
- Answering customer phone calls
- Arranging for customers to speak with pharmacists to answer questions about medications or other health matters
- Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
- Medical Technologist
- Medical Assistant
- Patient Advocate
- Patient Coordinator
- Patient & Care Technician
- Hand-eye coordination
- Customer service
- Empathy and compassion
- Communication skills
Lancaster, CA 93534