- The need for Phlebotomy Technicians is expected to increase by 25% from 2006 to 2016, which is much faster than the average for all occupations.
- Median hourly earnings for a Phlebotomy Technician in California is $21.10.
- About 73% of Phlebotomy Technicians work in Medical/Diagnostic Labs or General Medical and Surgical Hospitals.
The course prepares graduates for entry-level positions as phlebotomists in hospitals, clinics, Laboratory Service Centers and physician’s offices. Upon completion of the program , students will have met all of the State of California’s requirements to become a Certified Phlebotomy Technician I (CPTI). Passing a National Certification examination is also required and will be given on campus after the Didactic Training and prior to completing externship.
TBD Saturdays 9:00 - 3:00 pm
Antelope Valley Adult Education offers:
- Courses approved by the California Department of Education.
- Teachers are credentialed by the California Commission on Teacher Credentials.
- Courses are geared for adults.
- Convenient hours and flexible schedule.
- Program provides all the necessary information to pass the National Phlebotomy Certification Exam.
- Externship sites are available and recommended.
- GED/HS Diploma is required for state and national certification.
Lancaster, CA 93534