- The need for Phlebotomy Technicians is expected to increase by 25% from 2006 to 2016, which is much faster than the average for all occupations.
- Median hourly earnings for a Phlebotomy Technician in California is $21.10.
- About 73% of Phlebotomy Technicians work in Medical/Diagnostic Labs or General Medical and Surgical Hospitals.
The course prepares graduates for entry-level positions as phlebotomists in hospitals, clinics, Laboratory Service Centers and physician’s offices. Upon completion of the program , students will have met all of the State of California’s requirements to become a Certified Phlebotomy Technician I (CPTI). Passing a National Certification examination is also required and will be given on campus after the Didactic Training and prior to completing externship.
(Program offered in coordination with AUMT Institute Phlebotomy School)
Antelope Valley Adult Education offers:
- Courses approved by the California Department of Education.
- Teachers are credentialed by the California Commission on Teacher Credentials.
- Courses are geared for adults.
- Convenient hours and flexible schedule.
- Program provides all the necessary information to pass the National Phlebotomy Certification Exam.
- Externship sites are available and recommended.
- GED/HS Diploma is required for state and national certification.
Lancaster, CA 93534